Friday, September 25, 2009

One hell of a week

We have had an absolute shitstorm at work this week, and guess who is on call to take care of it? You got it. So the week we go on call we take the monday off and then take over the calls at 5:00pm. So without working the normal 8 hours during the day monday, I was at 60 hours by this morning. I was up till 6:30 monday and tuesday, 3:00 wednesday, worked from 11-11 in the office yesterday, then straight through to 8am this morning. Today, I went into the office for like 3 hours and here we are. I hope it slows down a little this weekend cause I'm about dead.

8 comments:

Shelly Fire said...

Monday -> Sat = 81 1/2 hours

Sara B said...

F on call. I'm done with it. I have to say that J handled it really well. I don't think I coulda done what he did.

Shelly Fire said...

My record last harvest was 98 1/2 hours, Mon - Sun. There's nothing quite like excessive sleep deprivation while driving a bomb.

Justin Fox said...

I wound up billing around 80 hours but worked closer to 95-100. The big problem with doing what I had to while being sleep deprived is the whole time I was trying to troubleshoot a complex system and do very detail oriented tasks under extreme amounts of pressure because we were literally having to write checks back to our customers for every hour we couldn't deliver. I *think* we've got the issue contained for now, but who knows.

Shelly Fire said...

I don't know how the hell you do that stuff sleep deprived. MY job entails pulling a hose out of a truck and sticking it in a tank and there's some days where even that can get really sideways on me.

Justin Fox said...

Let's just say it doesn't go smoothly very often.

Eric said...

Today, I unhooked my 2" hose from my truck. The problem was I forgot to shut the valve on the full, 10,000 gallon tank it was attached to. That's 125 gallons of diesel per minute coming out of a two inch hose. That's on gallon per every half second.

Sara B said...

Update your damn blog already.