Sunday, July 19, 2009

Progress of my custom guitar build

So I came across a builder who specializes in "Languedoc-ish" custom hollowbody guitars and after looking into getting an actual Languedoc G2, I realized that there was no way in hell I could shell out 10k for a guitar. The man with the plan is a guy named David from Equator Instruments (a Chicagoan who lives in Quito Ecuador 9 months of the year to build). It's a full hollow, cedar top, masacare sides, walnut back, colorado neck (medium "c" carve) w/clavalin headstock veneer and ebony fretboard. It will be outfitted with a pair of Seymour Duncan '59's (like in my old Gibson). Below is a pic of it after the neck was set.

If you click on THIS LINK, you can see a full gallery of it in the process of it being built (at least to where it is today).

4 comments:

Shelly Fire said...

how many weeks do you plan on keeping this one?

Justin Fox said...

2

Shelly Fire said...

Damn, you must really dig this one ;)

Anonymous said...

Justin, this looks like one heavenly custom guitar in the making, what an amazing job you are doing on this. I customized my Yamaha SG 2000 red Sunburst some 15 years ago with lots of custom electronics as well as carving some wood out from the back, and I never looked back, still happy with it today and have no desire to play anything else.

One advice though, once you are done, make sure you label the guitar at antilosta.com just in case you loose it one day, I have all my valuables labeled with antilosta and recently had an expensive camera returned back to me after having lost it away from home in one of my gigs.

All the best,
Shony