Saturday, November 01, 2008

updates

I've been really busy with work lately, so I haven't had much of a chance to post any updates. The new job is going well. I just finished my 5th week there (really flew by) and I'm finally starting to catch on to how things work. I've still got tons to learn but it's starting to come together a little. I actually got to feel useful the last few days and contribute to fixing some issues which was nice. I've been going through ITIL training the last week (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) and took my certification test Friday. It was pretty tough, lots of information crammed into a two day course. I honestly have no idea if I passed, but then again, no one else in the class did either so I'm probably right on par.

Not much else exciting has been going on. Last weekend I went to the annual watch fair at Wixon's (high end jeweler here) and got to play with a bunch of watches I can't afford. My buddy was looking at an IWC and this rep from A.Lange & Sohne was like "here, you need to check this guy out" and pulls out this crazy piece. It was really sweet and all, so I'm playing with it, trying it on and stuff, and I caught a glimpse of the price tag: $126,xxx. I pretty much immediately set it down and walked away. Ridiculous. I mean seriously, look at me. Does it look like I have $126,000 to spend on a watch? I don't understand why they even let people like me in to those things. You know you're in trouble when the cheapest thing they've got is a Rolex Submariner or Panerai.

4 comments:

Brian said...

You could buy a nice Ferrari with that kind of cash...maybe a 360 Modena or something. And that would be much more practical. :)

brenda p said...

That's ridiculous! Sara better not let you go to any more of those fairs cuz I'm not sure you'll walk away next time.

Justin Fox said...

I'll walk away with divorce papers probably.

Sara B said...

Palabra to that, sis. But believe me, we've talked about these kinds of things before.