Saturday, September 27, 2008

Updates

Well, I've been slacking pretty bad on posting anything that isn't a youtube video for a while so I figured I'd post a meaningful update about whats happening with me lately (although I have a feeling that youtube videos are probably more entertaining).

The biggest news is that I got a new job, and start on Monday (sept 29th). It is definitely weird leaving my old job because I've worked there for like 3 years and really like the people I worked with. I just kind of felt like it was time to move on and do something different for a while. I'll be doing the same type of job (same job title, Systems Administrator) but on a much larger scale. At my old job, the systems infrastructure existed only to support the production floor and business systems, and at the new company their business is based on their technology, so they've got a much much larger infrastructure. I should be able to get some pretty insane exposure to a lot of new things. I'm nervous but oh well; you need to get out of your comfort zone once in a while to move up in the world. I'll post again here after a few days and let you know how it's going.

8 comments:

A. Rae said...

Congratulations Foxy!

Noted, in regards to stepping outside the zone of familiarity. Very difficult, but sometimes necessary to prevent stagnation.

Etc.

Peter said...

You have broken my heart Fox.
I fear I shall never recover.

Brian said...

Congrats on the new job Foxy!!

Justin Fox said...

Thanks guys.

Well, after the first day I can safely say this is going to be very very different.

1. The pace is way faster
2. The technology is way over my head.
3. There are very high expectations of my group.

Will update later.

Sara B said...

Woohoo sugardaddy!!

Justin Fox said...

Day 3 was much better than 1 or 2. I feel like I'm starting to catch on to the way things get done at least. I'm still trying to get all the apps working on my workstation (it's vista, so of course nothing works on it) and I've got my laptop almost working. I don't have a phone yet, but I did get free tacos today, so that was even better.

brenda p said...

Congrats Justin! You're finally going to make some good money to support all our kids! Only a few months till the next one's here, you know?

Sorry Sara, you know I had to do it.
Love you both!

Justin Fox said...

Yea B, about that..... you know I can't just start being a good father out of no where, it wouldn't be fair to the older two. Sorry.

Day 4 was good, still not much for me to do in the way of actual work but lots of new hire type stuff.