Saturday, April 19, 2008

Saturday

I've been neglecting my blogging duties as of late. Luckily for all my readers, Macho has been taking care of the downtime with horrendously embarrassing videos of himself dancing as an adolescent. We spent last week getting our office ready to paint as Sara detailed on her blog. This week, we're having a finish carpenter come out and replace all the trim on our windows. The clowns that put our windows in did a number on the trim, and we decided it wasn't real nice to begin with, so instead of rigging it up we're just going to replace it. Its not like its rocket science, but they are stool and apron style windows (with a sill) and honestly I have problems cutting 45 degree angles. The trim is a pretty prominent part of our house since we have big windows, so we figured it was worth the money to get it done right. I'll get some before, during and after pics up when we start. In the interim we haven't had any blinds because the window guys used these stupid filler pieces on the trim, so we don't have a square surface to mount them too. The neighbors have been getting alot of free shows.

We finally picked a guy to re-finish our oak floors too. Its tough cause in Bismarck or GF you've got like 5-6 choices for any kind of trade stuff, and here you have like 500-1000 (not including independents from Craigslist). We had like 3 guys come out and look at the floors and wound up going with the first guy because he was priced really well and is going to use non-toxic water based polyurethane.

The bike business has been going pretty well, had 4 bikes to tune up in the last few days, and I've got a guy who is having me build him a Surly Crosscheck and another guy that is getting a rebuild done on a Madone. Today I've actually got to pound out two more tune-ups before I can do anything else. What sucks is not having a parts washer though. God it sucks having to degrease parts in your laundry room sink. I wish we had a harbor freight around here so I could go pick up a cheap ass benchtop one. Actually I think we do have a Harbor Freight around here, but its in Brooklyn Park which is ghetto and I don't want to go there.

Ok, so I've got some interesting neighbors. There are alot of kids in my neighborhood and most of them suck pretty bad and have zero parental supervision for the most part. There is this one house at the end of the street where some lady in her late hundreds lives with some super shady looking handicapped guy with a prosthetic leg (probably her son) and this fat latino lookin kid. So, as of late this little butterball has been ripping around the neighborhood on what I can only assume is this handicapped dudes rascal scooter. Tubby will pile like 4 kids on this thing and just do hot laps, drive across lawns (not my lawn because I'm pretty sure they're aware I would shoot them) pull kids on rollerblades, etc. Its totally ridiculous. Lunch box came rippin by while I'm sitting here and I snapped some pics for you:


7 comments:

Sara B said...

Honey, you just have to own up to the fact that those are your kids, that you had with Squez.

Anonymous said...

i do have to admit that if i had a rascal scooter at my disposal i would be doing the same thing.

nute

A. Rae said...

"A lady in her late hundreds" - Bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha-haaaa!!

I had tears in my eyes by the time I got to the pictures - then the tears rolled down my cheeks. I wasn't sure what could top the Rick Astley pie chart, and now I know that it is this entry.

Eric said...

So, your "updates" now consist of random pics out your window? Holy shit man, you need to just let me handle this for a while.

Brooks Leedahl said...

the harbor freight in madison is in the ghetto too.

Shelly Fire said...

....STAY TUNED FOR AN IMPORTANT POST BY MACHO

Shelly Fire said...

btw, Gold Standard is the best live band out there right now.