Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fox wins

Its a miracle. The third motherboard that I bought off ebay actually showed up, and was the correct one. I tell you what, consumer laptops aren't quite as user friendly to take apart as business class laptops. Luckily I found a bootleg copy of HP's factory service manual online (300 pages worth) so I had all the diagrams and procedures. It was stressful, and after I got it all back together (like an hour and a half later, for reference, I can change a Dell Latitude D600 motherboard out in like 20 minutes) the last second before turning it on was a big one. I fired it up and all the lights blinked, and we had sound but no picture. I was freakin. Popped the keyboard back off and found out i didn't have the connector plugged in all the way. Pushed it in, fired it up again, bam, we got video. So I'm rockin away on it and noticed that like half the keyboard isn't working. I do the same thing again, and notice the keyboard connector is about halfway out. Hooked it back up again and we're in bidness. 3.5 weeks and $216 later, we're rockin.

8 comments:

Brian said...

I think Sara is the real winner here.

Especially since she gets to wake up each morning next to your sexy ass.

Squez said...

I would have to agree with Brian. I'm not really sure how Sara was able to tame a wild stallion like you. It's like she caught a unicrown to use a mythological reference.

Justin Fox said...

Unicrown?!?

squez said...

unicorn

Justin Fox said...

I think Sara knows she got lucky. I mean how many times your life do you get to buy a ticket for a ride like this?

squez said...

Very well said Fox.

Sara said...

I agree, I am the real winner here. There's no better start to a morning than waking up to the sound of my hubby lettin 'em rip under the covers. Oh, the juicy warmth and ripe aroma. Nothing beats a good dutch oven.

Justin Fox said...

Jesus that's dirty.