Well my boys in the Legionnaires had their Minneapolis cd release party last thursday, for their debut album "Long time comin". They started recording it back when I was still playing in the band with them, and the final product was well worth the wait. They put on a hell of a show (thanks for letting me sit in guys) and the cd is awesome. They had the famous painter Norton Wisdom doing his freestyle art during the show (which was amazing). Good job guys. If you want to pick up a copy (and say you own a copy of probably the raunchiest country cd ever) check out their site for details (just click on the picture to go there).
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Posted by Justin Fox at 3:59 PM
Friday, April 27, 2007
Posted by Justin Fox at 5:36 PM
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Friday, April 20, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
- The Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) decision increases the royalties that Internet webcasters pay to play music by nearly 300% for the biggest webcasters and up to 1200% for small webcasters.
- The CRB rates are retroactive to January 1, 2006 and payable on May 15, 2007. This decision could bankrupt many Internet radio services immediately on that date, even if it is effective for only one day.
- Past due royalties alone will be enough to bankrupt virtually all small and mid-sized webcasters, many of whom are the hallmarks of programming diversity.
- The American Association of Independent Music (A2IM) reports that less than 10% of terrestrial radio performances are independent music but more than 37% of non-terrestrial radio is independent music.
- According to Arbitron and Bridge Ratings, between 50 and 70 million Americans listen to internet radio a month.
- Bridge Ratings & Research estimates that the Internet radio audience will double by 2010 and grow to nearly 200 million monthly listeners by 2020.
- Internet radio listeners are 20% more likely to have purchased downloadable music than the average American. (Arbitron)
Posted by Justin Fox at 11:59 PM
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
I love internet radio. It is hands down one of the best things that the internet provides (for free no less). The bastards at the RIAA are going to try to raise the royalty rate (which is already way way too high, and I'm a musician) between 400-1200%! This is going to basically stop internet radio broadcasters dead in their tracks. No one wants them to do it, not musicians, not radio stations, no one. They are basically blood sucking corporate money whores who want more.
There is one station called Soma FM that is awesome. I've listened to it almost daily for years now. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose it. I listen to Minnesota Public Radio via webcast, The Current, and pretty much every other station I can over the web. Please take 2 minute and fill out the online petition on savenetradio.org. It will generate a fax that will be sent to your congress-people. Please pass this on to whoever you think will do the same. Thanks.
Posted by Justin Fox at 7:43 PM
Monday, April 16, 2007
Congratulations to PW and Erica who had a baby girl! Here are the details as provided by PW:
Quick baby brief to all,
Here is the word.
C-section, earlier stress test @ 3:00 led to further testing which led to
smooth C-section delivery.
Both Mother and daughter doing great.
Thanks to all for well wishes,
Posted by Justin Fox at 10:53 PM
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Thursday, April 12, 2007
I was so traumatized by seeing my bad haircut on the internets, that I had to take a hiatus from the web. But now i'm back, and I will live up to my obligatory blog duties. The wedding is less than two months away, and I'm thinking it might not be a good idea anymore. To be fair to every one involved, it needs to be put a vote, so we're going to have a good old fashioned poll.
Yes: Get married
No: Don't get married
I will tally the results and get back to Sara with the results. And......Go.
Posted by Justin Fox at 10:55 PM