Saturday, June 02, 2007

Updates

Well, everything is coming along with the house. We had the inspection and found a few issues, nothing major. There were 3 windows that needed to be fixed, a couple of trim boards that need to be replaced, the top panel of the garage door is cracked, and there is an issue with the patio door's frame. We figured about $1000 of repairs if the patio door doesn't need to actually be replaced. So we asked for a price reduction of $1000 and they took it.

I got the mortgage taken care of on Friday morning, and let me tell you it was no fun. The rates went up DURING our meeting, but I made them honor the rates they came in with. But regardless, we went around in circles for like two and a half hours. It sucked, and I don't want to do it again. I'm pretty sure next time I get a mortgage I'm doing it over the internet with ING or HSBC or something. Anyhow, its over with. There was also apparently some issue where the seller called my agent bitching and demanding the inspectors number. Apparently he thought the inspector did something that caused some water to come in or some shit. I don't know, we'll see. I'll update when I find out more.

2 comments:

Brian said...

I agree that the whole mortgage thing is no fun at all.

Justin Fox said...

yea, I don't like negotiating for amounts of money that large. I'll dicker all day with someone over the price of a car, but when you get into house price range, its nerve racking.