Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Sunday, August 20, 2006
I'm in Knoxville, Tenessee right now, and I've made some observations about the south, here are some:
1. Its hot and humid (no shit huh).
2. There are actual "dry" counties where you can't buy booze. You can buy beer at gas stations though, but if you want booze, you have to get out of Monroe county (where my folks live). Despite this fact, Monroe county has a tremendous amount of drunks. I don't know.
3. Everyone is a Baptist.
4. No one here has ever heard of Guiness or Newcastle, and they will make it clear that you're weird when you ask them for one.
5. Southerners seem to have some customer service issues. They move slow, and its kind of cool for the most part, but when forced to move faster (or do their job faster) southern hospitality goes out the window real quick.
6. I get the feeling that the people here that are from here are actually still very bitter about the civil war, and will bring it up for almost no reason if they find out you're a yankee.
7. Southerners (despite the aforementioned trait of doing things slowly) tailgate the shit out each other. My theory on this is they're drunk and need a large object to focus on while trying to "keep it between the weeds".
8. Southerners looooove loud motorcycles.
9. Since there is no front license plate law here, everyone has a confederate flag license plate filler up front (I swear I saw a Subaru Forrester with a gay pride and grateful dead stickers on it WITH a confederate flag front plate). I'm missing something I think.
10. Despite being in the deep south, I haven't seen one single GIT-R-DONE sticker ANYWHERE (when you can drive down Washington street in GF and see around 40, even though we're all of an hour south of Canada).
Posted by Justin Fox at 4:34 PM
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Its always sunny in phildelphia is probably the funniest show on TV evar. You know why? Because of dialog like this (as Charlie is wearing a white suit, giving a sermon on the pool table); "I'm in love with a man. Yea, thats right. That man is God. Does that make me gay? You bet, I'm gay for God".
Posted by Justin Fox at 12:17 AM