Sunday, October 29, 2006

Update

So, nothing really new and exciting is happening down here in the SW Metro area as of late. I've been plugging away for an entire YEAR now at my new job (my 1 year anniversary was the 24th). It's gone by pretty quickly man, I can't believe it. So I got a raise (which is good) and I may actually be getting a new job/promotion soon. I've been working as an Associate Systems Administrator in Desktop Services group, and one of the Network Systems Admins from the Network Services group just left leaving an opening. I got passed up for the last job there (there are very very few openings in that group btw) but it looks like they want me for this one. We'll see I guess, its hard to say what will happen. Even if they do want me (which I'm about 99% they do) its a shitload more commitment for not much more money (right away at least) but the potential to do better is there. I'll keep you updated. Sara is doing well, she is getting ready to move back to Bismarck to do an externship at Medcenter One for 6 months to finish up her masters degree (can you say sugar mamma?) I'll keep you up to date on the job front. Take 'er easy, and if shes good, take 'er twice.

19 comments:

pw said...

Congrats on the raise/anniversary/opportunity. Spend it wisely, on upgrades for the Audi. Remember, the more power, the better brakes you need.

A. Rae said...

Yay Foxy!

-Becker

Shelly Fire said...

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/8403/keh7.jpg

Justin Fox said...

Nice

Shelly Fire said...

wow. Go to www.justinfox.blogspot.com
and enter this in the url(hit refresh to stop it):
javascript:R=0; x1=.1; y1=.05; x2=.25; y2=.24; x3=1.6; y3=.24; x4=300; y4=200; x5=300; y5=200; DI=document.getElementsByTagName("img"); DIL=DI.length; function A(){for(i=0; i-DIL; i++){DIS=DI[ i ].style; DIS.position='absolute'; DIS.left=(Math.sin(R*x1+i*x2+x3)*x4+x5)+"px"; DIS.top=(Math.cos(R*y1+i*y2+y3)*y4+y5)+"px"}R++}setInterval('A()',50); void(0);

pw said...

Macho is, David Blaine.

pw said...

Macho's magic is strong, it works on other blog's too. Macho, is this your work or a borrowed spell? Very cool and maybe to much time. I don't know which, so both.

Anonymous said...

I can't get it to work. Am I missing something?

Shelly Fire said...

Thnx PW. Definetly borrowed. I know French better than I know JavaScript. I just copy and pasted the whole thing. I would lie and try to take credit for it, but I found it on a site that I know Fox frequents.



Simmons
I'm not sure. Lets make sure you're doing it right. Open www.justinfox.blogspot.com in a different tab.

Once there, copy and paste the code (the "javascript:" is part of it too) into your url and hit enter. Sit back and have a beer.

Anonymous said...

Do I leave the justinfox.blogspot.com in the url and add the code behind it or just the code?

I did it both ways. With justinfox.blogspot.com still in the url it says I'm forbidden. Without it I get a search page.

I'm a computer idiot. Help me please.

Shelly Fire said...

Simmons

Oh shit man, I forgot to mention that it only works with FF2 (the newest version of FireFox). Sorry about that. M'bad. What web browser are you using?

Anonymous said...

internet explorer

Shelly Fire said...

Simmons said...
internet explorer



Well sir, there's your problem.

Anonymous said...

In your expert opinion. What are the benefits of Firefox over IE? Persuade me to switch :)

Justin Fox said...

Well this blew up since i checked last. I'd try it but I'm not using FF2.0 yet (my developer extensions haven't been updated for it yet).

Justin Fox said...

Update: Tried it and it workd in FF 1.5... Thats a pretty cool trick. Did you get that from OT or what?

Shelly Fire said...

Found it on the mainpage of entensity.
FFL's.



SIMMONS

For every person that tells you FF rules, there will be someone to say it sux and to go with IE. Really, it's best to DL a few browsers and see which gels with your pc best. IT seems to be different for everybody for some reason. I like the way FF is set up and I notice a dramatic difference in spyware and virus issues. It runs way faster that IE does on my pc's. They also have an infinite amount of add-ons for whatever your needs may be. IE offers alot of the same stuff, but I feel FF does it better. But like I said, you should really try it out for yourself. This can be a hot button issue for alot of geeks, so be careful when asking for advice, you might end up getting lectured.

Shelly Fire said...

My GOD have you guys seen this? This is the best political attack ad ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lglTUspyeus

Anonymous said...

Thanks Shelly Fire. I'll DL it and see what it's like.