Sunday, July 16, 2006

Guitar Center FTMFL...

So I needed some strings for my Taylor. I live in a big city, so I figure I'll just head over to the local mega guitar mart and pick some up, and maybe check out what they've got hanging on the walls. So I get in, and its exactly as I figured it'd be....the place is packed with idiots playing really really shitty riffs really loud on crappy guitars and even worse amps. Everyone is rude as shit, and they ALL think they're really good. Anyhow, i decide to check out some acoustics (in the acoustic room, where I figured there would be some peace and quiet). I find a breedlove focus and some taylors that I want to play a little. So I sit down, and two suburban emo douchebags start wailing on some shitbox, out of tune ovations. I can't even hear the guitar I'm playing enough to tune it. I finally just gave up and decided to get my strings and gtfo. I go up to the accessoy counter and after about 10 minutes of being ignored, I corner a guy to get me some strings. I ask him for Elixir 12's (which every mega guitar wal mart should have) and instead of just saying no, he proceeds to tell me why they suck and this and that. I finally just turned around left. So everything about my trip was completely unsucessful. So Guitar Center, if you're out there, F U.

5 comments:

brian said...

Sounds like you had a pleasant visit.

I love you.

Shelly Fire said...

It's best to just stay on the internet and not venture outside.

Simmons said...

Foxy, are you going to come over to Nine Mile and entertain us next weekend? Put those new strings to good use :) Any new parts on the Ala Carte? I miss you!

Justin Fox said...

Maybe I'll bust out my lederhosen and trot over there and put on a show! No new bling on the ala carte as of yet, everything is still working (unfortunately, no reason for upgrades). Hope all is well in Simmonsland, do you live in Fargo now?

Simmons said...

That would be fun seeing you ride a lap in lederhosen and one of those funny hats with a feather in it.

Are you going to do 24 hours of Afton at the end of August?

Yes, I live in Fargo with Jen now.