Monday, March 13, 2006

whats up with the git down

So, I got my minnesota tax refund this week and proceeded to blow it in one shot, on a watch. I've never had a really nice watch, so I went out and picked up a Tissot PR50 Cronograph, and its beautiful. Its weird, when you go to a mercedes dealer and find a toyota it seems like a reasonable purchase, even though its still probably way more than you should be spending, but at the time it makes sense. So, walking into a jewelry store and looking at $1800 Tag Heuer's and $3500 Omega's makes a $300 Tissot look like the bargain of the century. Untill you realize that I could have made my car and insurance payment with that money this month. Oh well, thats what tax returns are for I guess. I know no one really cares that I bought a watch, but its my blog and I feel like telling you about it. And posting a picture (see watch picture above).

I got to work at 6am this saturday, that was fun. We (Kevin and I) actually got the chance to help out with a data migration from one server to another, so we took it. It sucked that it was so early, but it was a really good chance to show the bosses that we're serious about taking on more stuff. It all went well and it looks like we'll be helping manage the next migration, which is much bigger and more important. SEE, this is why I need a nice watch, to look like a damn pro.

Not much else is new, EXCEPT my crazy hillbilly neighbor that lives like 2 units down from me got kicked out, which sucks for me because they're probably not going to let someone move into my place until that one is filled. SHIT. On the other hand, I won't have anyone stopping by and trying to borrow $20 from me anymore. That guys is crazy as hell, I don't know if I ever talked about him before, but he's a character. He's got this super white trash girlfriend that lives with him, who has a kid and is still married to some other dude. They pretty much take it to the streets on a regular basis, literally. Like twice a week they find their way (drunk as hell) into the middle of the street in front of our building and start fighting at full volume. They've got the cops called on them like a half dozen times since I've lived here. I can't really say he is a bad guy, but he's just a hick, but like a hip hop hick if you know what I mean. I can't even really start to describe him accurately, so you'll just have to imagine.

Also (not related), on Friday it was 60 degrees out and just beautiful. It was kinda raining when I went to bed last night, and when I woke up this morning, there was a 8 or 9 inches of snow and 3 or 4 foot drifts everywhere. Insane, it looks like it did 3 months ago. Insane, I hate the midwest. Hope all is well with everyone.

3 comments:

Shelly Fire said...

Just be sure that the watch can fit easily up your butt in case you ever end up in a POW camp.

Justin Fox said...

Absolutely. "I wore this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my ass for 3 years so I could bring it to you" Or somthin of that nature.

brian said...

PIMP watch.