Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Update

Not much new in slum-ville. We thought we had some pretty good prospects of actually getting out of here last weekend. I was back in GF when I got a couple phone calls from my roommate and our slumlord asking if they could show the place to a couple perspective renters. So someone came by in the morning and obviously didn't want it. Well, I got a call later from them saying a couple wanted to look at it pretty much right then, we said whatever and apparently they came over. They were here for over an hour, talking about dates they could move in and all that, so we thought we were out of the woods. Well, we haven't heard anything so I guess no dice there.

I was lot crusin the other night and saw a really cherry 2oo1 S4 2.7 bi-turbo at the Audi dealer. Silver on black, perfect condition. So I was thinking it was neat and all and made a comment like "if that thing actually had less than 50,000 miles I'd buy it. Well, I checked it out and it has like 33,000 original miles, and is certified. So I started into some intense negotiations with the audi dealer last night, which have carried over into today. Its a seriously sweet car but they're just not seeing it my way just yet. Apparently the car also has an MTM chip in it, which came out halfway through the negotiations, throwing a wrench into the Certified Pre Owned Warranty. So, they said they'd put the stock computer back in and give me the warranty. I kinda like the chip (pushing 315 horsepower and 380 ft lbs of torque, insane) but would absolutely need the warranty. So, they still want too much money, but are offering to give me both computers. We'll see. I feel a little weird about going from a 2005 to a 2001 but it was a $50,000+ car. I'll keep you updated.

13 comments:

pw said...

Left brain, right brain, fighting it out. How much digging did it take for them to tell you about the chip? Your warranty would have been void the moment you drove off the lot. "It was stock when it left here, you must have put in the chip" story. If you are really serious have your audi tuners take a further look at the car, sounds like you shouldn't trust the "to good to be true". Or try squeezing them a little harder on the lie to begin with. pw

squez said...

Hey Foxy, just wanted to what's up. Glad to hear that you may be getting out of slumsville, though you know you will miss your neighbors late night sexcapades (don't even try to deny it!). But either way good luck to you.

Shelly Fire said...

Audi's are your new guitars.

Justin Fox said...

Jesus, you might be right.

G-reg said...

There is a "baser" down here who has a 04 or so S4(with the V8!) that is parked in the lot across from where I work. He leaves full throttle every day around 4:00, and has some kind of very "unrestricted" exhaust on it. I have to change my pants every time I see or hear it. S4's are teh sweet.

Justin Fox said...

I'm thinkin that I'm going to wait a year until the 04's with the 4.2 V8 get down below 30,000 and start lookin at them. I'll still get the same amount for my car and I'll be getting a way better deal on a way newer, nicer car. I'd REALLY like an S4 Avant Wagon w/a six speed. But, they're pretty damn rare, especially 'round here.

Shelly Fire said...

Are you playin' with the Legionarries on the 30th?

Justin Fox said...

Nope, I'm not set to play any dates with them at all.

Shelly Fire said...

Oh, i was just wondering. There was a write-up in "best bets" that mentioned a show with them and some old friends. Thought you might be one of them.

Shelly Fire said...

My woman and your woman are out on the town tomight. Just lettin' you know.

Justin Fox said...

They're out cruisin for weiners I bet.

Shelly Fire said...

That's what I was thinking, it just hurt to much to say it out loud :(

Alamout_Black said...

Yo Foxy, it's Kogun. Tried to find an email on here to write you, but I didnt see one. Anyhow, we should catch up on shit and whatnot.

And if you want, feel free to download the mix I made from old japanese records I been digging. It's on my blog http://skulldiggery.blogspot.com on the lastest posting... Its the mix by "Dr. malta", not the BBoy parkz mix.

Peace man, and drop me a message!