Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Bon Jovi

So, Chaska may get interesting soon. I have a friend at work who turned out to be a contract lawyer, so I'm officially throwing down on my slumlords. I sent them a letter (dumbed way down to thier level of course) basically telling them they pulled some fraudulent business and they can let me leave or its court time. I'd rather not go to court but if they call me on it I guess we're going. Hopefully it just reiterates the point that I'm not screwin around anymore and they take the hint. Shaaady stuff.

If anyone really cares (probably about 2 of you that actually check my blog) I'm revamping the bike shops website. Mostly cause the old one was thrown together fast and cheap, and it sucks. I also wanted to brush up on HTML a little. The old one was all frames, which apparently aren't thought all that highly of in the geek world (no one ever told me), so the new one is all table based and partially dynamic (hopefully). Version 1 should be online by the end of the week; it will have pretty much all the same content but in the new layout which will look similar but way cleaner. Version 2 should be up in 3 weeks to a month and will hopefully have new content. Hopefully Version 3 should use cascading style sheets but I'm not sure that I'll have time to learn to use them by then. For the bike shop guys; Do you think it would be a good idea to start a GGFGRPS blog? We could use blogspot here but I was thinking of actually creating one where we all could post and hosting with all the bandwidth we're not using from the bike shops site or even from the server we have here. But, if we're feelin lazy, blogspot. I'd just like to make sure everyone can post. Maybe a forum? Lemme know. Peace out.

6 comments:

brian said...

What will become of the GGFGRPS? Maybe it should become a traveling circuit, making stops all over the country; wherever it's members may be living.

Simmons said...

Have you guys found any good courses in your areas? I can't wait to see the new website for the shop and the new GGFGRPS site. How does Bon Jovi fit into this post? :)

Justin Fox said...

Some of the best biking in the cities is right in this river valley where I live, i haven't got to check it out yet because I moved here when it was winter already (and I'm not fortunate enough to own a pugsley). And for the record, bon jovi fits into every post, mang.

brian said...

Looks good Foxy!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the GGFGRPS becomes a phoenix race to be reborn every time an old racer comes back to town, then on one agreed upon time everyone comes back for championship day. The race hangs around for ever, and everyone remembers when it was great and that's how Bon Jovi fits in.
A link from the store to the blog would work, that way the original GGFGRPS racers could continue on the tradition in their new areas, record results, but know that to be the true champ like S or S you have to race in GGF.

New store site is a nice improvement over the old one. pw

Anonymous said...

blog sounds good