Monday, January 23, 2006

Monday

Hey everyone, its monday again and yes, I was damn near (really) late for work again today. I suck at mondays. Anyhow, my buddy Kevin is working at Rosemount with me now, so he's staying with me and today was his first day of work. Thank god too, because he woke me up just in time to get to work. I woke up with a magazine on my face, light on, no alarm set. Must have just crashed. So its good to have someone to split the rent with, it makes it a little easier to live in a shitbox. This probably won't mean much to alot of you but I'm going to spout about it anyway: We use a global network client (VPN, AGNS) for field users and employees to access our network with their laptops when away from the office. So, a whole lot of people use it. AT&T, who's software we use, kindly lets us know that our software is out of date and will stop working with their servers...right about Thursday. So now we've got hundreds of people (many of which don't live within a thousand miles, or even on the same continent for that matter) that need to get the old software off and the new software on and configured. This may not sound bad but when you consider many of these people can barely check their email, it ain't lookin good (and it can be difficult to configure on top of that). So, I'm going to be trying to explain to complete pedestrians about proxy servers and AGNS for the next few days non stop. Should be interesting.

I'm getting alot of use out of the Ipod Nano my parents bought me for christmas, it's pretty sweet. I'm waiting on the Itrip Nano FM Transmitter to come off backorder so I can use it in my car, but that'll probably be a month or so. BTW, if your lookin for somthing sweet to check out for tunes, get The Cosmic Game by Thievery Corporation, I've been listening to it non stop for a couple weeks now. Its downtempo, electronic dub type stuff, really cool (one of their other albums, The Outernational Sound is one of my favorites too. I'm thinking that I'm going to need some new tunes again here soon, so I'll let you know what I come up with. I'm still saving up to get my chip and exhaust for my Audi, hopefully in a couple months. I also found some sick rims that are rep's of the wheels from a new RS4, heres a link to them Wheels Mang They're pretty sweet man. We'll see what happens on the cash flow front. I don't know how much you guys know about tires, but fitting 235/45/18's on their isn't going to be cheap. Anyhow, till next time.

3 comments:

Shelly Fire said...

I'm still waiting on an explanation of this......

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy

Instant "street cred"

Word/auto edit/change "the" to "you suck". I imagine good for a few laughs.

Print screen from desk top, photo edit to .bmp, put existing icons to folder, use .bmp image for desktop.

Creative thinking at it's best.

Happy New Year
pw

Justin Fox said...

I'm not sure about the first part, but the part from print screen on is an old it trick: You take a screen shot of their background, then hide their icons, then post the screen shot of their desktop as their background. They click like crazy and can't figure out why nothing opens. Its pretty funny.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the first part, another old trick. Good laughs for this one especially if word is the e-mail editor. Auto edit/correct is under the tool bar. Type in what to replace with what. Adds to the typists language skills, and often thought as a hostile takeover of a computer. pw