Thursday, December 08, 2005

I'm Legal!

Just to let you know, I have finally ended my saga with the Minnesota Department of Vehilce Services. As of 8:35 this morning, I'm a licensed driver. It feels pretty good, but now I won't have a photo ID so drinking may be tough. It also hadn't occured to me but I've got to fly to Tenessee in a couple weeks, so that may be interesting w/o a current photo ID. I'm preparing myself for a couple cavity searches. The other day when I started the A4 it started idleing rough and threw up a CEL (check engine light). It eventually smoothed out but the light stayed on which was weird. So I called Carousel Audi and one guy was cool about it, he told me he has a Passat with the same 1.8T engine and his did the same thing the other day, and it was a random cylinder misfire, smoothed out and after like 6 drive cycles (on, off, on) it cleared the codes itself. So mine wasn't clearing the codes so I was starting to freak a little (especially I'm going to do the MTM Stage 1 ECU Chip soon). So I ran it hard last night out to Lakeville to see Marc, and ran some Techron through the gas. Woke up this morning, it burped once and boom, the codes cleared and it was money. The day just keeps getting better. So I think I'm going to call Anderson and order my MTM Mod and check out the Milltek Exhaust option as well. Peace.

4 comments:

brian said...

You finally turned 18? ;)

Anonymous said...

i thought that they were supposed to give you a paper licence and let you keep your old licence. even if you did have a photo id you would still get a cavity search from the anonymous tip that you had 4 heroin condoms stuffed up your tushy. nert

Shelly Fire said...

Mabye if you brushed twice a day they wouldn't be checking you for cavities.

Simmons said...

I've got crack in my pocket, I've got crack in my pocket.