Monday, November 07, 2005

Paper thin walls...

So, I decided to go out and have some beers last night with some buddies that live in Carver (just south of here). I try not to drink when I have to work the next day (the aforementioned rising and shining at 6:30am) but I figured why not. So I call it early at like 11:45 and decide I needed to probably just go home and go to bed. I do so, and am sleeping off my buzz nicely when promply at 3:15 am I am woken up. Just a little background, my neighbors that I share said paper thin wall with are good kids, they're young but nice people none the less. One of them is a baker here and goes to work at like 4:30am or some unholy time like that. So, at 3:15am I shoot straight up to the sounds of Shania Twain POUNDING through my thin-assed wall. I mean like the radio was next to my head loud. I was still 1/4-1/2 in the bag at this point so I was seriously confused. After about 15 minutes of this wretched wake up call, I realized that it was coming from my neighbors bedroom on the other side of my wall. I'm a relatively laid back person but when I've got to get up at 6:30, this is totally unsatisfactory. I finally got out of bed and was winding up to put my fist through the wall when it stopped, mid swing. So now I'm WIDE awake and pissed off. You know when you get so mad theres no possible way your going to go back to sleep? If it happens again I'm going to return the favor with a much larger stereo and some Slayer and see what they think. So thank you Ms. Twain for making me almost fall asleep 35 times at work today.

6 comments:

Simmons said...

My iPOD is loaded with Shania Twain. Man is she HOT! For an older gal. As for your neighbors. A nice Eddie Van Halen guitar solo should suffice. Nice blog man.

Anonymous said...

Instead of slayer, I believe Jimmy Hendrix's Star Spangled Banner would be more fitting. Go over and make sure they are standing at attention with with there hands over their hearts too. Lance

Shelly Fire said...

Okay, so you've got a car
That don't impress me much
So you got the moves but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm in the middle of the night

That don't impress me much
You think you're cool but have you got the touch
Don't get me wrong, yeah I think you're alright
But that won't keep me warm on the long, cold, lonely night
That don't impress me much

Okay, so what do you think you're Elvis or something...
Whatever
That don't impress me

Anonymous said...

give it up, hon, you know it was your Shania Twain CD in your CD player so quit trying to fool everybody

Sara

Anonymous said...

Make sure you take your wet jacket off before getting into your new ride!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a CD out cous'. Lance